Key emphasis of MS 1500:2009;
This standard set the requirements for best halal practices for the manufacturers to produce high quality halal products. The standard gives specific guidelines parameters for electrical stunning on animals, slaughtering methods for chicken and cattle and more. For product deemed to comply with this standard, it shall comply with Clause 3 in processing as well as logistics in the halal food production e.g. storage, transportation, display, sale and servings of halal food, packaging, labelling and advertising, etc.
Key emphasis of MS 1900:2005
This standard provides guidance on the implementation of HAS and it defines the halal assurance management system in documentation control, halal management and resources, halal product realization, monitoring and measurement of halal performance, analysis of data for HAS improvement. The company will required to have knowledge of HAS as a method to overcome hazards and establish a control system to ensure integrity and safety on the production for halal products and provision services.
ISO Specialist can help your organization:
- To provide guidance to develop and establish HAS within your operation.
- To assist client in developing the halal procedures in compliance with halal requirements.
- To identify and determine the halal critical point in the operation process and production.
- To conduct halal awareness program to make halal practice a culture among client personnel within the premise.
- To train halal personnel for halal internal audit in ensuring halal integrity system is being maintain at all times.
- To assist in halal 2nd party audit to verify supplier its halal ingredients and the halal production.
- To monitor the HAS implementation until achieved certification.
- To rectify and provide guidance to develop corrective actions to close out non-conformances from the halal audits.