ISO 22301 provides a framework to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a business continuity management system (BCMS). It is expected to help organizations protect against, prepare for, respond to, and recover when disruptive incidents arise.
It is intended to be applicable to all organizations, or parts thereof, regardless of type, size and nature of the organization. Organizations that implement a business continuity management system (BCMS) based on the requirements of ISO 22301 can undergo a formal assessment process through which they can obtain accredited certification against this standard. A certified BCMS demonstrates to internal and external stakeholders that the organization is adhering to good practices in business continuity management.
The high-level structure of ISO 22301, shared with other ISO management systems standards, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 9001, creates a consistency that can help organizations integrate several management systems. This can help organizations improve efficiency, eliminate duplication, and achieve cost savings. If your organization has been ISO 22301 certified then it will ensure compliance to the local law, provide confidence to customers and partners, protect against any disruptive incidents, and chances to get a tender/project.
Prinsip Mahir can customize the implementation approach as per the client's needs for the preparation to achieve the certification. We can help to establish or review the business continuity management policy, strategy for managing and ensuring business continuity, strategy for recovering resources, business continuity plan, etc.
BENEFITS OF ISO 22301 BCMS
- BCMS helps you understand existing and upcoming threats
- It keeps organization on track during the incidents
- Improved crisis management techniques help organizations to restore their critical services in less time.
- ISO 22301 gives organizations a competitive edge by increasing customer's confidence.
- Proactive approach minimizes incident's impact
- Less downtime and speedy recovery during incidents.
- Shows the resilience of the organization to its client's base and to suppliers which eventually wins more confidence and increase overall reputation of the organization.